Wolf RPG None [Translation Request] cosplayers quest [dyupariyahonnpobekkan]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

BigJohnny

Dec 31, 2017
I have a regular version that's on the creator's patreon or whatever.
Does wolf games just fine, if you're fine with bad mtl.

Panzergott1

Mar 9, 2019
Yea can confirm works fine for me too. WolfRPG has some disclaimer about potentially not having the right version and sometimes launching the tool with the game is weird.

However for me the game itself crashes fairly often after the first little area of the game. Something I believe is the fault of the translation.

Kazuka13

Jul 24, 2017
i'm asked to pay for patreon to get the wolf RPG translation, and to get translations other than bing.

the version i got is limited AF

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
the translations from this thread seems to have been abandoned anyway.

if anyone can't wait for an official translation, you can just use MTool and get an MTL one.

MTool has been updated to work for free on a few different game engines, including RPG maker and wolfRPG
It's always been able to work for free on those engines. And this game was MToolable even back when it came out.

The main things that were paygated were size of the TL package & the translation engines themselves.
The size limitation was experimentally lifted a few months ago, but dunno if that's still the case (since the size limits are currently shown pretty front & center in 'My Info').
As for the TL Engines, well, that'll always remain pay gated.

Jim2tolive

Nov 23, 2019
It's always been able to work for free on those engines. And this game was MToolable even back when it came out.

The main things that were paygated were size of the TL package & the translation engines themselves.
The size limitation was experimentally lifted a few months ago, but dunno if that's still the case (since the size limits are currently shown pretty front & center in 'My Info').
Perhaps they didn't know about the pay gated translation engines, hence tge reason it isn't worth using it, unless one has the pay gated versions

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Perhaps they didn't know about the pay gated translation engines, hence tge reason it isn't worth using it, unless one has the pay gated versions
Meh, the base used to be Google, but the author dropped it & put Bing in its place as the basic 'free' option.
To be fair, Google was a bit better. But still, it's not like it didn't produce the usual poetry either. Though at least Google never messed up the TL right from the get go, e.g. the start menu where instead of 'Continue', you often get 'Conti New' or something with Bing. :sneaky:

All 'n all, you know what you're getting if you go with a straight-up RAW Google/Bing MTL.
Then again, I've played many a game that way and well, it gets the job done (for most games). Some turn out better than others, but oh well, those that turn out terrible you can just give up on (or pay up of course, for better TL quality).
I've honestly seen many MTL's here on the forum that were a lot worse than a free MTooled game.

Most important of all though, MTool generally doesn't randomly break stuff. If the TL'd game runs and nothing seems immediately broken, you can generally be pretty confident you're good to go 'till the end.

Kazuka13

Jul 24, 2017

the one I had was paygating anything outside of RPG maker stuff at first.

eventually, it updated to allow the other things too

and i'm pretty sure i had a legit version cause it got frequent updates throughout the week and even linked to the "advent cirno" patreon every time

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
the one I had was paygating anything outside of RPG maker stuff at first.

eventually, it updated to allow the other things too

and i'm pretty sure i had a legit version cause it got frequent updates throughout the week and even linked to the "advent cirno" patreon every time
Maybe before my time then. I've been able to TL, for example, WolfRPG stuff for years and years at this point. ;)
The most common hurdle I tended to hit was always the text/TL package size limitations.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes