VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 62 Votes

Vlbc

Jul 23, 2022
Not sure about how hard it would be at this point; a fair bit is already done.
I've seen games where the entire perspective was done in first person from the MC's PoV; they even went so far as to setup "shots" where there was a reflection to block the MC's face. Reminded me of that Resident Evil game.
That's the better way to play these games. It's perfect for the immersion.

And i hardly like any male models as the Mc lol

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Genuine question:

I don't know shit about coding, but how difficult would be for the dev to just erase the male protagonist model and make the game 100% POV on the male path?
Every screen that shows the MC would have to be redone, so posing plus render time for all of them. The coding aspect would probably actually be pretty painless just establish an early game variable seemc and if seemc == yes show the old scene, if seemc == no show the new one.

But it's absolutely not a reasonable request just due to the time to repose and render basically 50% of the game. That's a ton of dev time allocated that could go towards posing and rendering scenes that'd continue the plot.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Genuine question:

I don't know shit about coding, but how difficult would be for the dev to just erase the male protagonist model and make the game 100% POV on the male path?
It would actually be super easy, barely an inconvenience! I'd just take away the gender select screen at the beginning.

When I first wrote the novel Mythos is based on, and even in the early stages of planning the game, there was no male path - it was going to be a female protagonist game. Then I worried that far fewer people would play it because the majority of people like playing as a male. :(

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
It would actually be super easy, barely an inconvenience! I'd just take away the gender select screen at the beginning.
No, you misunderstood. Male POV. For this, it should look like in FPS games, only instead of the barrel of the gun, the MC's "barrel" is pointing forward. That means you'd have to re-render all the male MC's sex reports.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022

When I first wrote the novel Mythos is based on, and even in the early stages of planning the game, there was no male path - it was going to be a female protagonist game. Then I worried that far fewer people would play it because the majority of people like playing as a male. :(
I'm one of those who wouldn't be here if it was fmc only so thank you for all the extra work you've done.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
No, you misunderstood. Male POV. For this, it should look like in FPS games, only instead of the barrel of the gun, the MC's "barrel" is pointing forward. That means you'd have to re-render all the male MC's sex reports.
OH! I did misunderstand.

When I do the male scenes, I try really hard to show as little of the male's model as possible, but for some poses that just doesn't work, sadly. Like when there's a kiss, it always feels awkward to me when I see VNs do that by having the other character's face just right up in the camera.

Vlbc

Jul 23, 2022
OH! I did misunderstand.

When I do the male scenes, I try really hard to show as little of the male's model as possible, but for some poses that just doesn't work, sadly. Like when there's a kiss, it always feels awkward to me when I see VNs do that by having the other character's face just right up in the camera.
Well, some devs can't choose between a male or female character, so they have the brilliant idea of making a futa :ROFLMAO:

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
OH! I did misunderstand.

Yeah, I always thought that looked awkward.
I may simply be naive, though to the best of my knowledge, I thought it was pretty common to kiss with your eyes closed. So seeing the other person's face (usually with closed eyes) in that first person PoV just seems odd.

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017

Love the Screen Rant (Ryan George) reference. ;) Would certainly be interesting to have an MC that you didn't know what their gender was.

At some point, once Book One is finished, I'll go back through and play it from the male perspective. Both to see what the differences are, and to appreciate all the work you put into making the divergent paths.
Thanks for the peek behind the curtain.

• Red Heart

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Thanks for the peek behind the curtain.
Hey, for another peek behind the curtain... with the full release of Book One (ie - when I finish the next update), there will be an included PDF of "behind the scenes" content, which will go into all the references, inspirations, and how the game is different from the novel I initially wrote.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Would certainly be interesting to have an MC that you didn't know what their gender was.
It can be done, but for sex scenes, it really narrows the scope. The MC can only work mouth-to-hand and cannot undress. (However, for a licking scene in POV, there's not much to see.)

• Thinking Face

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
It can be done, but for sex scenes, it really narrows the scope. The MC can only work mouth-to-hand and cannot undress. (However, for a licking scene in POV, there's not much to see.)
Depending on who the MC is with, they have the option to give pleasure through oral, fingers or hands, grinding, toys, and kissing or touching all over their partner's body. On the receiving end the MC can always be obfuscated to get all of the above, and regardless of gender can also receive anal pleasure.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hullahopp

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Depending on who the MC is with, they have the option to give pleasure through oral, fingers or hands, grinding, toys, and kissing or touching all over their partner's body. On the receiving end the MC can always be obfuscated to get all of the above, and regardless of gender can also receive anal pleasure.
This could make an interesting story. Suppose the MC is invisible for some reason (a curse?). The aim of the game is to eliminate invisibility... The name of the MC can be unisex, so that the gender is not obvious...

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
View attachment 4037101

Weekly Update - August 15th, 2024

I mean... kinda blew all the excitement on Friday the 13th update, but here's some more details about the Steam release and other junk.

"if you have any suggestions on what to add/change, please please please let me know."

You should put NSFW pictures in the game's review. I know that's not what the Mythos is about, but you know what they say, "The outside gets you, the inside keeps you."
I mean, I found out about your game thanks to Lady Avaron1974 , who has a refined taste, she mentioned it somewhere. I looked at the pictures, liked B and Sophia, was curious about the story and the rest is history...

"started making my own cold brew at home "

:oops: MV5BYmQ4YWMxYjUtNjZmYi00MDQ1LWFjMjMtNjA5ZDdiYjdiODU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMzNDExODE5._V1_QL75_UX19...jpg :censored:

4.80 star(s) 62 Votes