3D-Blender Blender Art - Show Us Your Blender Skill

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Are you guys sometimes working with Daz assets or are they always purely Blender ones?
100% of the models, clothing, and hair I use are Daz. 75% of the other assets (environments, props, etc.) are also Daz.

But the really nice thing about using Daz with Blender is that a lot of the cool stuff you can do in Blender tends to play pretty nicely with Daz assets after a bit of tweaking. Short of hair, Daz hair can be a bit annoying to work with in Blender. Especially animating it.

Greengiant3D

Apr 28, 2018
100% of the models, clothing, and hair I use are Daz. 75% of the other assets (environments, props, etc.) are also Daz.

But the really nice thing about using Daz with Blender is that a lot of the cool stuff you can do in Blender tends to play pretty nicely with Daz assets after a bit of tweaking. Short of hair, Daz hair can be a bit annoying to work with in Blender. Especially animating it.
You can actually convert most of the daz hairs over to blender hair curves or particle hair, you can do it with diffeomorphic, it does make the hair a bit heavier though so might not be great if you are doing scenes with a lot of models, once it's converted though you can sim it a bit like dforce hair, though I haven't experimented with that too much yet.

Reactions: DD3DD

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
You can actually convert most of the daz hairs over to blender hair curves or particle hair, you can do it with diffeomorphic, it does make the hair a bit heavier though so might not be great if you are doing scenes with a lot of models, once it's converted though you can sim it a bit like dforce hair, though I haven't experimented with that too much yet.
I'm aware of it. I've tried it a couple times with hairs from different vendors, but didn't have much luck with it. The scalp/head almost always ends up poking entirely through.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DD3DD

Greengiant3D

Apr 28, 2018
I'm aware of it. I've tried it a couple times with hairs from different vendors, but didn't have much luck with it. The scalp/head almost always ends up poking entirely through.
If it's particle hair then disconnecting the hair from the emitter and then reconnecting usually does the trick, I've never used the hair curves so I don't know about that one. also for particle hair this one is a lot better than the diffeomorphic one, it converts quicker and it's default particle settings are much better.